Friday, October 6, 2017

Life Shifts

I recently traveled to Utah on an extended prayer pilgrimage. I was alone in order to be quiet as I prayerfully sought the Lord's guidance for this season of my life. I had officially retired three months before. I was aware a new season had begun but did not know any specific details. Little did I realize how my future was about to shift. I returned three weeks ago and much has occurred in my personal life.
God has blessed me with supernatural health my entire life. I give Him praise. A week before my trip my primary care doctor heard something different when listening to my heart. Following the trip, I have had several tests and met with the head cardiologist at the VA. I was very impressed with her knowledge and compassion. The echocardiogram has revealed that I have a hereditary heart condition Hypertrophic Obstructive Cardiomyopathy. It is the condition that caused my mother and her parents to experience cardiac arrests. I have a few more tests scheduled next week. I am not afraid or worried. I am sharing this with you for one reason and that is to explain the rest of this post.
I had no way of knowing I would learn about this issue with my heart when I retired or when I made the prayer pilgrimage. I knew that I had not felt right physically for the past two years. Now I know what was going on. I also was aware that the Lord was about to make a major shift in my spiritual life. Everything in my life began to be shaken and still continues. As I stated, I am not afraid. “Yet once more,” denotes the removing of those things which can be shaken, as of created things, so that those things which cannot be shaken may remain." Hebrews 12:27                                                     
On the prayer pilgrimage to Utah, the Spirit revealed that it was time for a new book called, "The Narrows." I have started writing and it is taking shape. 
This morning I received more direction. It is a time for a shift for this season. The Lord called me to proclaim the Gospel in 1974. The calling has taken me in many directions as He led. Now it is time to share in a way that will reach the maximum number of people in this new season. Pastor Erik West, Grace Life Church in Jemison, once told me that God had put too much inside me to leave me on the shelf. I am understanding this more today. It's time to be taken off of the shelf and the lid open! Watch for new ways of sharing the good news.

No comments:

Post a Comment