Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Insights Learned on Southwest Motorcycle Trip

billonbikerocks        There are times when we need to break out to break in. Our lives are very routine and it is healthy to break out of the routine from time to time in order to break in to a new dimension of living our routine life.                                                                                                    
     I had the opportunity to break out during the last two weeks as I traveled to the Southwest on my motorcycle. I had many eye and heart-opening experiences and I asked the Lord to speak to me through what I experienced. I want to share several of the insights.
1. Even when you break out it doesn’t mean you will be free from challenges.
     My brother-in-law and I had planned this trip for months. We planned our tentative itinerary and plans. On the third day of the trip he went home. I decided to continue my planned break out. I was alone and my plans had to be adjusted.
I am like an owl of the wilderness (pelican in the desert), like a little owl of the waste places. I am like a lonely bird on the housetop. Ps 102:6-7
     Being alone like a pelican in the desert and a bird on the housetop allowed me to put more trust in God for my safety and direction.

No comments:

Post a Comment