Friday, February 13, 2015

Insight #2 During Southwest Motorcycle Trip

Adversity takes no vacation and can care less that you are on one.
Violent storms threatened my itinerary. This was at the same time tornadoes were moving across Texas, Oklahoma and Arkansas. I thought of Jesus saying, And in the morning, ‘It will be stormy today, for the sky is red and threatening.’ You know how to interpret the appearance of the sky, but you cannot interpret the signs of the times.
Each day I learned to discern the weather and not travel where the weather was threatening. But I could not avoid the winds which accompanied the storms.
And there arose a great storm of wind, and the waves beat into the ship, so that it was now full. And he was in the hinder part of the ship, asleep on a pillow: and they awake him, and say unto him, Master, carest thou not that we perish? And he arose, and rebuked the wind, and said unto the sea, Peace, be still. And the wind ceased, and there was a great calm. And he said unto them, Why are ye so fearful? how is it that ye have no faith?
30 mph winds with gusts up to 60 mph buffeted my bike.     
I developed greater faith in the Lord to keep me safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment