Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Refreshing from Anointed Music

Have you ever needed a time of refreshing from the Lord? A time when you could be still and be touched deeply by the Holy Spirit. Then there are those times when you know that you know Jesus is very near! Listening to anointed music can often transport me into a heavenly realm. I just get caught up to another place in the Spirit.

That is what has been happening to me this morning. I began to listen to some recordings that Living Sound made in the 70s. (I have included one of the songs, "Blessed Be") My wife and I were in the Living Sound ministry 1980-1982. Evangelist Terry Law, along with his college friend Larry Dalton, founded Living Sound, a contemporary Christian music group in 1969. Listening to this music made me aware of the presence of the Holy Spirit.

Often I receive a message from God listening to secular music. Sometimes the words sound like something Jesus would say to me. I can hear him saying, "Like a bridge over troubled waters, I will lay me down." I remembered a gospel hymn this morning, "Grace Greater Than All Our Sin." It spoke to me of the measureless grace of God provided through Jesus Christ.

I recommend a time of refreshing from the Lord. "Repent, then, and turn to God, so that your sins may be wiped out, that times of refreshing may come from the Lord." Acts 3:19







No comments:

Post a Comment